SAHM and retired Marine Scrapbooking for the art of it, because I love my family and I enjoy creating art--could there be a more perfect combination? Independent CHA Designer-available for design commissions, kit design, class and project design, teaching events, consultation, product reviews and more!

Sunday, July 15, 2007

WINNERS: Cards for Soldiers Contest!

THANK YOU TO THE CONTEST SPONSORS:

MEMORIES IN UNIFORM
BO BUNNY PRESS
ZSIAGE
PURPLE ONION DESIGNS
SASSAFRAS LASS
AROUND THE BLOCK
MAKING MEMORIES

Category: Winner; CLICK LINK TO SEE THE CARD

Just Because: Lois Sokolan

HM: Cynthia Elliot Park

Thank You: Cindy Roland

HM: Sandi Arnold

Happy Birthday (Man): Bev Elliott

Happy Birthday (Female): Michelle Foster

HM: Lois Sokolan

Happy Birthday (Boy): Cynthia Elliot-Park

Happy Birthday (Girl): Ellen Bentley

HM: Bev Elliot

Get Well: Sandi Arnold

Missing You: Lois Sokolan

HM: Ellen Bently

Sympathy: Cindy Roland

Friendship: Julie Overby

Congratulations: Sandi Arnold

GRAND PRIZE WINNER FOR BEST OF SHOW: Cindy Roland

For some of the children's categories, I enlisted the assistance of my 13 year old daughter! As you can imagine the scans don't do any justice for the artwork, there's lots of embossing, sewing and bling not visible as well as sentiments stamped inside or decorated envelopes! Amazing entries, THANKS for making this contest a huge success.

Prizes have been shipped and received by many already. Thanks again to the sponsors, the prize packages were generous.

**A shout out and BIG THANKS (and RAKS) to: Ramie Ahlstrom, Cynthia Elliot-Park and Ellen Bentley and for sending cards by the masses for the troops. THANKS to everyone for supporting this contest and the troops.

May God Bless America.


Labels: ,

Google

8 Comments:

Blogger Julie Overby said...

Congrats everyone!

Thank you Becky for doing this! I know the cards will be a real blessing to the troops.

9:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was a very interesting contest...I hope they enjoy getting the cards...you just can't do too much for people putting their lives on the line. I am thrilled to have some of my cards chosen...thank you.

12:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This was my first time entering a contest with my cards...and I felt it would be a such a fun and wonderful gift for our soldiers and their families. Thanks for inspiring me to do this and it was an honor to win! I recieved my items today...thanks, I'll have a great time using all the goodies. Are you going to post the cards here on your site? Family and friends have asked to see them! Thanks again....you rock!

9:48 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!!! What a surprise!! I opened my front door to a HUGE box from Becky Chabot of Keepsake Designs and when I opened it I could hardly believe my eyes!!! I want to thank all of the sponsors who donated all of the lovely gifts and to Becky for hosting and especially our troops to which all of the cards were meant for. This was such an nobel cause and I was thrilled to send as many cards as I had on hand. That was enough for me, the prizes were just an added bonus. Thank you again Becky. God Bless our troops and send them home all safely soon. Sincerely, Cindy Roland

9:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky,
I received my box with the prizes- thank you for your generosity and also I thank the sponsers. It was my pleasure to make cards for the troups- I hope they brighten a few peoples' days! Thanks for doing this!

Ellen Bentley 8/04/07

10:01 PM

 
Blogger Becky Conley said...

You guys rock! the entries were GREAT, the sponsors were GREAT. I'll get those cards scanned today and put up right here! if they won't fit, I'll link to a photo album somewhere! Cheers, and God Bless America! (I also appreciated the international entrants--great support for our troops! THANKS to everyone.

7:10 AM

 
Blogger Cindy Elliott-Park said...

It was great fun making the cards for our troups.
And the added bonus was the prizes.
WOW
I felt like it was Christmas.Thank you to Becky who asked us to do this and the great goodies.
I will participate in other contests.
thanks again

1:25 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becky...I've just received my package in the mail and I have to say a huge THANK YOU...I am thrilled with the contents!

5:52 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
My Photo
Name:
Location: Sanford, Maine, United States

Retired USMC, Mom of 2, Nana to two, living life creatively in Southern Maine. Need an original creation? That's my specialty!


Email Becky



Google

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Phone 207-324-0883 EST
  •