SAHM and retired Marine Scrapbooking for the art of it, because I love my family and I enjoy creating art--could there be a more perfect combination? Independent CHA Designer-available for design commissions, kit design, class and project design, teaching events, consultation, product reviews and more!

Friday, July 27, 2007

The Many Days of CHA (Summer07)-PART 1

The Summer CHA Convention was held at the Rosemont Convention Center in Chicago IL July 19-23. MANY days of picture taking and MANY new products that wow'ed ME. This show was a much better show for me in terms of the new products I saw and I SAW MANY, so I'm going to make a "series" of blog entries over the next few days to show you all the pictures and talk about the products I was most excited about so you don't have just one LONG boring post. This is the entrance to the Rosemont; aren't the flowers gorgeous?



OK 1st TOP PICK: The Robin's Nest: PAPERS!! OOH LA LA. EVERY paper in the new collections had BLING!! Glitter and felt and embossing; woohoo! The black letters on the "boo" paper are shiny like someone embossed it with clear powder or added glossy accents. They are very LUSH and pretty. The fire paper in the boy collection is outlined in the most brilliant RED glitter! So pretty. My favorites were Snow, Boys, & Halloween,



2nd TOP PICK: Everylasting Keepsakes Chipboard Shapes! Just when I thought I was getting tired of everyone doing chipboard, these darling grown-up ornamental shapes appear! LOVE them.



3rd TOP PICK: Makin's Clay Cutters! I thought Makin's Clay was for children, but this product is truly sophisticated enough to create great art projects and it takes many mediums well. You can add acrylic paints or pigment powders for coloring, or after it's dry you can finish with various mediums. This lay dries flexible and can be reconstituted after drying, for this reason if you think your project will come in contact with water, you should seal it to finish. And there's Cindi B!! Doing a demo at the Makins' Clay booth! woohoo! They are a fabulous company to work with, We enjoyed ourselves.



Here is a photo of our Oktoberfest "Medieval Beer-fest Buffet". We created custom beer labels, hand made tile coasters, invitation, fireworks for the castle, floral bouquet, faux hammered metal beer mugs, decorative grass bowls, and party favors: votive candles, book marks and candy bars w/ custom wrappers.



More TOP PICKS tomorrow and sneak peeks of other fun items too.

THIS I SAW WAY TOO MUCH OF: Chipboard and Jelly Stickers

Cheers!
BeckyC

Labels:

Google

2 Comments:

Blogger Margie Higuchi said...

Hey! Wanted to post and say SO NICE to meet you @ CHA!!! Hope you got home w/o a hitch! Next time I need to hang with ya! LOL!! xoxoxo

3:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...all the new stuff..can't wait until some of it arrives at my local store!

8:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
My Photo
Name:
Location: Sanford, Maine, United States

Retired USMC, Mom of 2, Nana to two, living life creatively in Southern Maine. Need an original creation? That's my specialty!


Email Becky



Google

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Phone 207-324-0883 EST
  •