SAHM and retired Marine Scrapbooking for the art of it, because I love my family and I enjoy creating art--could there be a more perfect combination? Independent CHA Designer-available for design commissions, kit design, class and project design, teaching events, consultation, product reviews and more!

Monday, January 28, 2008

VOTE AGAINST ENGLISH?

Just a quick "Election Interlude" to publish the list of Senators that voted against English as a first language. I believe it is every voters responsibility to KNOW the voting records of their senators, representatives and candidates running for office. They are elected to vote your voice. Voting records are public record, JUST ASK or go look around. Think what you want.
This vote is an old one, May 2006.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/englishvote.asp

Akaka (D-HI)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE) (Presidential Candidate)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Clinton (D-NY) (Presidential Candidate)
Dayton (D-MN)
Dodd ( D- MN ) (Presidential Candidate)
Domenici (R-NM)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-win)
Feinstein (D-ca)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-hi)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Kennedy - (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA) (Prior Presidential Candidate)
Kohl (D-WI))
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (I-CT)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA) (Presidential Candidate)
Obama (D-IL)

Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV) Senate Majority Leader
Salazar (D-CO)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Stabenow (D-M)
Wyden (D-OR)

Please remember this when you vote.

*If you would like to share an opinion here on this subject, I welcome it -but you must be willing to sign your name to it, or it will be deleted.

If you want to chat about politics, special funding or scrapbooking, papercrafting etc. please feel free to email me, becky@keepsakedesigns.biz

Labels:

Google

8 Comments:

Blogger Debby said...

That's just nonsense.

8:42 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I get really tired of telephone calls that start out...Press 1 for English, Press 2 for....

English is our language. Period.

11:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Becky, just wondering (as a UK resident) what was the main language they were voting for as a first language and as Obama has been in the news here quite a bit what language does he want???
TIA
Tracy (IFS)
xx

2:24 PM

 
Blogger Auntie Robin said...

As far as I know, the U.S. doesn't have an "official" language (to answer Tracy's question). So, legistlation has been presented to vote English as our official language and these Senators voted against it.

I'm sure there is a "shared" reason why almost 99% of that list are Democrats. I wonder why? Could it have anything to do with immigration? Same reason the Democrats don't want photo ID's to be a requirement for registered voters? Things that make you go hmmmm....

For the record, English is our language and it should be official, imo.

Robin

2:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the explaination Robin, I have to agree with you after all the Constitution was written in English......
Tracy

3:23 PM

 
Blogger Becky Conley said...

Thanks to everyone for having an adult conversation about this topic! I think it's very important and I appreciate your feedback, Thanks Robin, for answering the question and "Becky", while I see your point, I am frustrated with most automated voice messaging LOL and while I can appreciate a bilingual culture, "when in Rome, do as the Romans do", KWIM? American's speak English, period.

6:08 PM

 
Blogger J-ME said...

Hey Becky, very interesting! It annoys me to no end that here in the US some people think we should have voting ballots, applications, or other forms available in Spanish, Chinese, Haitian, etc. etc. etc. If you want to come to America, fine. Come *legally* and plan to learn to read and speak English! If we were to move to another country, we wouldn't get special treatment! Argh!!

11:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Look at all those Democrats. I have to agree. America is english. The only other language that should be considered is that of the original residents, RE: Native American, not spanish. This is not Mexico. I have nothing against foreigners, but my grandfather was from Germany and I never heard him speak a word of Greman. The original imagrents thought it was important to be American and became citizens the way they were supposed to, then the rest can do the same.

2:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Enter your Email


Preview | Powered by FeedBlitz
My Photo
Name:
Location: Sanford, Maine, United States

Retired USMC, Mom of 2, Nana to two, living life creatively in Southern Maine. Need an original creation? That's my specialty!


Email Becky



Google

Powered by Blogger

Subscribe with Bloglines
  • Phone 207-324-0883 EST
  •